Here's what I did!
1. Soak in hot water with a little bleach for 30 minutes. Rinse well and wash with dish soap.
2. Soak in cider vinegar with a bit of water, only because I didn't have enough vinegar to totally cover all of the drawer pulls. I left it in there for about 30 minutes.
3. Rinse and scrub each piece thoroughly with dish soap and a scrub brush. Dry with a tea towel.
4. Paint with CeCe Caldwell's Santa Fe Turquoise.
5. Immediately wipe off some of the paint using a paper towel so the original brass shows through in the raised areas.
|This is how they look after steps 1,2,3.|
|After some paint has been wiped off with a paper towel.|
|... the finished result!|
PS. This may not be the proper way to do it, but it's how I did it and I like the results. :)