Last week when Mom was here we invited over my Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and her sweet Baby Girl for lunch. We made a huge pot of this soup, fresh biscuits, antipasto and crackers. It was good! The soup lasted for at least 3 meals for several people!
Baked Potato Soup
- In a large pot saute a large diced onion, 3 diced celery stalks and 1 diced carrot with 1/2 cup butter and a glug of olive oil until veggies are soft.
- Season with lawry salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add 3/4 cup of flour, stir and heat through then gradually add 1% milk, stirring constantly.
- Bake 8 large potatoes in the oven or microwave. Peel after baking.
- Cube half of the potatoes and mash the other half. Add to soup.
- Add a large yogurt container of frozen homemade turkey stock, 2 cups of sour cream and some cream.
- Add more 1% milk, if necessary, to make it the right consistency.
Add to your soup at the table: sliced green onions, crumbled bacon, grated cheddar cheese.