Today my daughter and I are making apple pie squares for care group. Mmmm... nothing smells better than apple pie baking in the oven!
Here's our secret family recipe:
Apple Pie Squares
2. Roll out pastry and line a jelly roll pan with it.
3. Peel and slice granny smith apples using an apple peeler corer slicer.
4. Keep apples in a bowl of cold water with a squirt of lime juice until ready to use.
5. Dry apples on a tea towel, then place into pastry lined jelly roll pan.
6. Use a cheese grater to grate cold, hard butter over the apples.
7. Sprinkle apples with granulated sugar, cinnamon and just a pinch of ginger.
8. Top with pastry. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
9. Bake at 400° for approx. 25 minutes, just until slightly golden brown.
10. Drizzle with glaze after it cools a bit. (icing sugar mixed with milk). Use a fork to mix and drizzle.
These are delicious warm, room temperature or even frozen solid. Don't ask me how I know.
For the picture I drizzled with caramel ice cream topping, but we don't normally do this.
Bake some apple pie squares for your family, and enjoy!
If you've enjoyed what you just read, make sure you don't miss a post by subscribing to my blog's feed! I'd also love it if you'd follow along with Google Friend Connect... over there on the right! Any questions? Please leave me a comment! Thanks so much.
Do you need help organizing your craft supplies?
Craft Racks can do the job!