This morning I decided I'd had enough of my old ironing board cover so I thought I should finally do something about it! I used a tutorial over at U-handblog . I used the old ironing board cover casing & string... sewed that onto new fabric, replaced the foam crap with 3 layers of warm & natural batting and voila! I have a fresh & cute new ironing board cover. Plus, the bonus is that I got this Moda Blossom fabric for 60% off yesterday at Hamels... and I only used half a meter for this cover. I love it! Now I need to do my big ironing board as well.
So, I've started this meal planning thing to try and organize my life a little more and take some of the stress out of dinner time. Do you plan your meals ahead of time and shop accordingly or do you just wing it each night (like I used to do?). In case you're wondering, here's what's on our menu for this week:
- Monday: Tyler's Ultimate Chicken Enchiladas with black beans, rice, corn
- Tuesday: Beef Stew in the crockpot
- Wednesday: Ham & Pineapple Pizza, Veggies & Dip
- Thursday: Salmon Chowder & Biscuits & Tossed Salad
- Friday: We're going to friends' for dinner & a movie and I am bringing Broccoli Salad, Chicken Wings and some sort of sweet
- Saturday: It's Valentine's Day and I am definitely not cooking!
I'll be back later to show you the pillow I've been working on. I finished it last night and am so pleased with how it turned out!
Have a nice week!
Bend-the-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol (Paperback - Clarkson Potter)