Here are some of the online tutorials and other handy websites that have helped me in my quilting and sewing. Some of these sites I refer to again and again to help figure out how much fabric I need for a certain project, or to remind myself how to make a quarter square triangle unit, etc!
So, here's my go-to list:
- Binding Yardage Calculator
- Quilt Calculator
- Easy Prairie Points Tutorial
- Stipple Quilting How-To Video (scroll through the videos on the right)
- Another Stippling Video
- Bind a Quilt by Heather Bailey - how to do a continuous quilt binding
- Binding with a No-Show Joint - (scroll through the videos on the right)
- Scrappy Log Cabin Blocks Tutorial - this is a super fun way to use up fabric scraps!
- Free Paper Piecing Patterns
- Free Christmas Patterns from McCall's Quilting
- Hand embroidery stitch guide by Crabapple Hill Studio
- Quilt Blocks Galore
- Stippling Tutorial
- Smocked Dress Video by Heather Ross on Martha Stewart
- PS I Quilt - a wonderful blog with many helpful tutorials
- Here's an amazing video I found that shows the quickest and easiest way to make a pinwheel quilt block. I can't imagine doing it any other way now!