Saturday, January 06, 2007

{ versamark resist }

This card utilizes a piece from my card starters drawer. Awhile ago I was experimenting with the versamark resist technique when I was looking for ideas to teach at my stampers club.

To do this technique I stamped the flowers using versamark ink on white glossy card stock and then brayered over it with Stampin' Up! orchid opulence classic ink. Once it was completely dry I wiped the versamark off with a kleenex. This resist technique leaves kind of a subtle image, whereas if you were to do the embossing resist your image would *POP* a lot more.

To finish off this card I put the versamark resist piece into the cuttlebug (of course!) thanks embossing folder. I then layered it onto orchid opulence card stock and then onto a 4" square confetti white card base. For embellishments I used Michael's ribbon, SU silver cord, white brad, metal rimmed vellum tag and a few silk flowers. I then sponged the edges with orchid opulence ink to give a bit of a softer look.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cindy! I have only tried the Embossing resist. I will have to give this a shot. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I LOVE...did I say love, yup I LOVE this card...hmmmmm, should I watch my mail box ;)

    As always very nice Cindy. Ohhhhhh, you are such a bad influence...not sure if I'll be able to wait for my b-day to get a cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try this....then run up and use your Cuttlebug!! LOL..

    ReplyDelete

Statcounter